I am always looking for ways to increase my veggie intake and HELLO bonus if it decreases my carb intake!! I mean it’s a WIN WIN!!! Then steps in Coconut and Lime Cauliflower Rice! You can indulge on a comfort food that helps get your veggies in and, of course, LOW CARB!! PERFECT!!
Ive really been enjoying all things cauliflower lately and this is at the top of the list. It’s easy and get this…. YOU CAN FREEZE IT!!!
Everyone on my Facebook newsfeed has benn bragging about their Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Rice find!! (Haha! I still love you guys) I don’t have a Treader Joe’s so this recipe is my go to!!! By the way, you can still use this recipe with your Trader Joe’s rice. 😉
Coconut and Lime Cauliflower Rice
Serves: 8 servings, ½ cup each
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use (BEST deal ever for this oil!)
- 1 (13.66-oz.) can unsweetened organic lite coconut milk (I use coconut milk all the time, so I buy it in bulk to save money.)
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
- 4 tsp. finely chopped lime zest
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro; reserve a small amount for garnish
- ¼ tsp. Himalayan salt (You know I love my Himalayan Salt….you can read more about why here.)
- Place half of cauliflower in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is chopped into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, coconut, and 3 Tbsp. lime juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 12 minutes, or until tender and liquid evaporates.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and salt; cook for 2 minutes, or until lime juice evaporates.
- Divide evenly into eight serving bowls; garnish evenly with cilantro.
Let me know if you try it!! I think I am making this tonight!