Vitamin C is major ingredient to Adrenal Health and recovery. I often talk with others and wonder why I am not worse off or sicker (as a lot of thyroid and adrenal peeps have severe immune issues and stay sick) than what I am. In fact (knock on wood) I never get sick as in catching viruses or colds. And I really attribute part of that to Vitamin C. I have always been a fan!
So the skinny on Vitamin C ….. (also known as ascorbic acid) is abundant in vegetables and fruits. A water-soluble vitamin and powerful antioxidant, it helps the body form and maintain connective tissue, including bones, blood vessels, and skin. Sometimes we need to supplement Vitamin C due to the body’s inability to absorb from food especially for us thyroid and adrenal peeps but I think majority benefit in supplementing with this.
I love the Emergen-C brand for a couple of reasons:
- It helps with the boredom of drinking water all day…..it feels like a treat!
- There is no issues getting the kids to drink it when they are starting to get sick.
- It has 24 Nutrients with antioxidants, electrolytes, and 7 B Vitamins
- I haven’t met a flavor I didn’t like. 😉
- The packets make it easy to travel with or throw in your purse and you can easily add it to a water bottle!
- I swear it is my secret defense when I feel a cold coming on. I am talking instantly feeling better!!!
What does vitamin C do? What are some vitamin C benefits?
Vitamin C helps to repair and regenerate tissues, protect against heart disease, aid in the absorption of iron, prevent scurvy, and decrease total and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and triglycerides. Research indicates that vitamin C may help protect against a variety of cancers by combating free radicals, and helping neutralize the effects of nitrites (preservatives found in some packaged foods that may raise the risk of certain forms of cancer). Supplemental vitamin C may also lessen the duration and symptoms of a common cold, help delay or prevent cataracts, and support healthy immune function. Vitamin C is food for the body and that definitely includes the adrenals!!
If you try Emergen-C Vitamin C let me know! I would LOVE to hear from you!!!
As always Peace, Love, and Happiness to you all!!!
XoXoXo – Shannon