It may be of no surprise that I have always battled with anxiety!! Honestly I didn’t even know that was my problem during my teens and 20s. Unfortunately, It didn’t become blatantly obvious until my thyroid hemorrhaged. I had to learn ways to control how stress affected my body, especially when the adrenal fatigue hit. I will blog all the steps soon, I promise, but for now I have to share one of the best essential oils that helped me instantly calm down during an anxious moment. Essential oils can be costly but they don’t have to be! I love the Plant Therapy brand and they are top quality but cost effective!!! To add to the reasons why I love them so, they even have a kids oil line! (My favorites of the kids line are Sniffle Stopper, A+ Attention, and Germ Destroyer)
Ok so what is my ALL TIME FAVORITE anxiety remedy?? Bergamot Oil!!! I find that Bergamot oil really helps me to calm and relax. I put it on my wrist and seriously find myself instantly taking deep breaths and calming down. Anytime that I have issues sleeping I use this oil and find myself quickly drifting off. Sleep is a crucial factor in healing the adrenals so keeping this oil on my nightstand was a must. I still use it today even though my adrenal problems seem to be better. As soon as the kids start fighting I grab my oil LOL!!! I have learned my lesson on controlling my anxiety and I know how it can affect your health.
Bergamot oil is antibacterial, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic. It’s uplifting, improves your digestion and keeps your system working properly.
Some of the most common benefits of bergamot essential oil include:
- releases emotional pain
- works as a powerful antidepressant
- relieves joint and muscle pain
- aids digestive system
- soothes skin irritations
- works as a sedative
- cleanses oily skin
- kills germs and bacteria
- relieves stress
- reduces cough
Bergamot Oil Uses
- Antidepressant — Depression can manifest with a variety of different symptoms, including fatigue, sad mood, low sex drive, lack of appetite, feelings of helplessness and disinterest in common activities. Antidepressant medications have serious side effects, including suicidal thoughts, weight gain and personality changes. The good news is there are all-natural remedies for depression that are effective and get to the root cause of the problem. This includes components of bergamot essential oil that are antidepressant and stimulating. They create a feeling of joy, freshness and energy by improving the circulation of your blood. Use bergamot oil by rubbing 2–3 drops into your hands and cupping your mouth and nose. Breathe in the oil slowly. Try rubbing the oil on your feet and stomach too.
- Stimulates hormonal secretions — Bergamot oil helps maintain proper metabolic rates by stimulating hormonal secretions, digestive juices, bile and insulin. This aids the digestive system and enables proper absorption of nutrients. This is a big help for anyone who suffers from metabolic issues like Thyroid or adrenal problems.
- Cures infections — Bergamot oil is used in skin soaps because it inhibits the growth of germs, fungi and virus. When you apply the oil to your skin or hair, you reduce the risk of infection and won’t notice the shine come through.
- Relieves stress — Bergamot oil is a relaxant — it reduces nervous tension and feelings of stress and anxiety. This powerful oil can stimulate hormones, such as dopamine and serotonin, which create feelings of sedation and relaxation.
- Reduces pain — Because bergamot essential oil increases hormone secretions, it lessens the sensitively of nerves that create pain. For this reason, bergamot oil is a great way to reduce the symptoms of sprains, muscle aches and headaches. To reduce pain, rub five drops of bergamot oil on sore muscles or where you feel tension.
- Heals skin — Bergamot essential oil is used to minimize the look of scars and other marks on the skin; it tones the skin by making the supply of melanin even. These scars can be the result of acne or skin infections or irritations. To rid the skin of irritations, put five drops of bergamot oil on a cotton ball or pad and rub it on the infected area. You can also add 10 drops of bergmot oil to your warm bath water.
- Helps digestive system — Not only does bergamot oil stimulate the production of digestive juices, making the breakdown of foods in the digestive tract easier, it also stimulates muscle contractions in the intestines — quickening the digestive process by moving your waste through your intestines as your body absorbs nutrients. Some research even suggests that bergamot oil can be useful when fighting food poisoning because of its anti-bacterial properties. Rub five drops of bergamot oil onto your stomach in order to ease digestive issues or regulate your appetite.
- Deodorant — Bergamot oil prevents the growth of germs that cause body odor. The refreshing and citrusy smell of bergamot oil is used as a natural deodorant and air freshener. The strong scent eliminates odors on the body or in a room. You can add two–three drops of bergamot oil to the deodorant you already use every day, or you can even add the oil directly to your armpits.
- Reduces fever — Bergamot essential oil fights infections caused by harmful bacteria. It also reduces body temperature by alleviating stress and stimulating hormone secretions. The feeling of warmth that happens when your hormone levels are elevated leads to sweat, and this helps in reducing a fever.
- Kills intestinal worms — Because bergamot essential oil kills germs, it’s used to treat intestinal worms. Intestinal worms result in malnourishment and can cause anemia, which develops when you don’t have enough robust, healthy red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout your body. Eliminating these worms, especially in young children, is a major benefit of using bergamot oil. Rub 2–3 drops of bergamot oil into your hands, and rub it on your abdomen to kill infectious worms.
- Relieves congestion — Bergamot oil is an anticongestive, which means it relieves congestion and respiratory problems. This oil can be useful when battling a cold or cough. It loosens phlegm and mucus in the respiratory tract and helps the body to eliminate this undesired buildup by sneezing and coughing. This helps the body eliminate the germs and toxins that develop in your body when sick.
Let me know if you try Plant Therapy’s Bergamot oil and how it helps you!
As always Peace, Love, and Happiness to you all!!!
XoXoXo – Shannon